Friday, August 17, 2012

My Poems

  I started a book of poems about a year ago, and since then it's gained 43 pages of poems. My uncle Joel helped me self-publish some of them when we went to visit him. You can see and buy the book by going here.
  I decided to put some of my poems here so you can read them too. Here are a few of my favorite ones:

The Waterfall

See the water flowing in the river
Moving ceaselessly along
Music bubbles, issues forth
The music of the river's song

Here comes a cliff, a fall, a drop,
But the water never stops
It falls, it's going down
Rushing to meet the ground
Landing with a soft plip, plop

The water's falling, here it comes
Catching the light of the sun
The drops form a rainbow
It is high, now it's low
On and on the river runs

Beautiful, majestic, amazing handiwork of God
Powerful, glorious, wonderful handiwork of God

A waterfall



I Want to Be

I want to be the kind of girl
Who always loves and gives no reason to hate
I want to be the kind of girl
Who gets up and the devil says "Oh no, she's awake"

I want to be the kind of girl
Who always knows and chooses what's right
I want to be the kind of girl
Who's always cheerful, spreading God's joy and might

Forever I'll always be
Living for God
A light for all to see

That I have a wonderful peace
And that God gives us hope
He gives us reason to rejoice
When we're at the end of our rope

Forever I'll live for you, Lord
Always spreading your word

Because I am a daughter of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment