Last Friday a terrible thing happened. I think many of you know what I'm talking about. Early in the morning in Connecticut a man overcome by the power of Satan shot his teacher mom and then went to the school where she taught and killed twenty young children and six adults. When he had finished he shot himself. It was a terrible thing to do. But God shows His power even in the midst of tragedy.
Some people are saying that if there really is a God who loves and cares about us, why did He let this happen? Because God's in charge of everything, right? And if He's in charge, He just let over twenty innocent people die. Some people are saying that Friday's killing proves that there is no God. But you know what it does prove? That there is evil at work. There is an evil power fighting against something.
If there was no good and righteous God who loves His people and wants them to know Him and turn away from evil, why would evil be fighting? What more would it have to gain if it already has the whole world? Friday's killing isn't proof that there is no God. Rather, it is proof that there is an evil power is fighting against God. Here's why:
What if God didn't cause the killing to happen? What if Satan was the one behind it and the cause of all this tragedy? I believe that God knew about the killing and could have stopped it if He wanted to, but let it happen to show that He is real.
Here's another example of something similar happening and God's power shining:
A few years ago another man under the power of Satan went into an Amish school and shot and killed several children. The families and friends of those killed were filled with grief. If I were one of them I would have wanted revenge on the man who killed those children. But that is completely the opposite of what the Amish did. They attended the funeral of the killer and told his family that they did not blame them for what their relative had done. They even forgave the killer. That took real courage. I would not have been able to do that on my own, and I'm sure they wouldn't have been able to either. God gave them the strength to forgive.
God's power is at work. How can people still doubt that? I don't know. I have never known or believed in anything besides God. But one day everyone will know and witness the awesome power of our Lord Jesus Christ. One day every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord. I cannot wait until that day comes. But until then I will be God's messenger here on earth and spread the news of what He has done. This post is one of those ways to spread the news about Christ. I would love to hear your comments on what I have to say. Thanks for reading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes Charis, tragedy does prove that evil is real in our world. Thank you for sharing and reminding us of the Christian response in times of such evil - And helping Jesus to be revealed in all circumstances.
ReplyDeleteVery well said, Charish. I believe the same thing and cannot wait until the coming of our Savior. I hope that the survivors and their families can lean on our Savior and His great love during their time of grief. Thanks for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteWow, Charis! You are wise beyond your years! Thanks for sharing your great insight! May the Lord use you in big ways to proclaim God's love to a lost and dying world who so desperately wants to block Him out. We love and miss you here in OH!
ReplyDeleteHi Charis: I finally had a moment to read your incredible blog entry. You are a very wise young lady and very lucky to have a Mommy and Daddy who have raised you to know Jesus. Not everyone gets that wonderful blessing and have to learn it for themselves when they get older. As you know, not everyone accepts the gift of salvation and reject Jesus. This is one of the reasons that evil happens in the world, because not every child learns about God when they are young and grow up without God's word and Godly parents to teach and lead them down a good road. So good for you for being a light to others in a world where sadly, evil happens. I'm proud of you for putting your time into writing in this blog. I love to write too and when you can share God's love through the written word...that is a true blessing. Miss you and your brothers and sister! Love, Mrs. Joy
ReplyDelete