Monday, January 14, 2013

The Joy of Giving

Oh, what a joy it is to give!
What a pleasant thing
To see the smile on someone's face
That a simple gift can bring.

I feel so happy afterwards
That I truly believe
That Jesus is right when he says
It's better to give than receive.

2 comments:

  1. Charis,

    I am so thrilled that you continue to write poetry along with your other excellent posts about life in Italy for you and your family.

    I know of three new babies coming into our world before the end of the year, and I was wondering if you have any bears for sale yet?
    What a fabulous project you've chosen for your adorable bears!

    I had fun doing FaceTime with you and your family yesterday.

    I love you,
    Grandma J

    ReplyDelete
  2. great poem. I just wrote a poem on my blog. it's about the London countryside.

    Lily.

    ReplyDelete