Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Simple Pleasure Hiakus

Robin
I hear a robin
Peeping in a nearby tree.
Its sound is joyful.

Wind Rushing
As I ride my bike
I can hear the wind rushing.
A sound of nature.

Water Patterns
I watch as water
Trickles down the driveway in
A simple pattern.

God's Sun
The sun is shining.
It is a beautiful day
Created by God.

Autumn
Leaves fall to the ground.
Nature is all around me.
It is a fall day.

Rain
When I listen I
Can hear the pit-ter pat-ter of
The rain falling down.

Sounds of the Night
A cricket chirping.
Dogs barking somewhere nearby.
An owl hooting.

A Dog
A nice lady is
Taking a dog for a walk.
The dog sniffs my hand.

Flowers
The smell of pretty
New flowers blooming with so
Many bright colors.

The Trees
Ever so many
Tall trees waving in the wind.
What a sight to see.
Branches move slightly.
Leaves rustle gently, with a
Soft, wonderful sound.
So many different
Colors of green leaves adorn
The trees that I see.

Pictures
Looking at pictures
Brings back different memories
Of times and places.

Smoke
Smoke of a fire
Curling up a chimney and
Climbing to the sky.

Kittens
As I watch kittens
Play, I'm filled with happiness.
Play, young kittens, play.

Ripples in the Water
Throw a rock into
Water. Watch the ripples get
Bigger and bigger.

Piano Music
Playing music on
The piano is fun to do,
And fun listening to.

You may wonder why I'm writing haiku's. I don't know myself. I just had this idea a few days ago: I could write simple pleasure haiku's. However, after I wrote 32 of them, I couldn't think of much other simple pleasures. So I thought of an idea for a book. Each chapter could be different kinds of haiku's. I didn't write ALL 32 of my haiku's on this post. That would be too much. So I just wrote 24 of them. You may think that "The Trees" haiku isn't a haiku at all. But it is. It's just a poem with 3 haiku's in it. Well, That's all I have to write about.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Charis,

    I am thrilled to see you take on the challenge of using different ways to express your creativity. My favorite is the one about water patterns on the driveway. It reminds me of watching a river or a creek; the water flow is the same pattern, but ever changing as it remains the same. Haiku is a favorite of your Uncle Joel. Did you know that he has published a whole book of Haiku? As you know from the video link I sent you, teachers do crazy things at pep assemblies. At one such assembly, Uncle Joel recited his Haiku about hunting and farting. It is hilarious - you should ask him about it sometime.

    Keep up the great work you are doing on your blog. I love you lots, Grandma J

    ReplyDelete