Thursday, December 10, 2009

Craft Fair

Mommy signed me up for a craft fair, and when she told me I was very excited, but unfortunately we had forgotten all about it, so we spent all morning and part of the afternoon in the craft room making projects to sell at the craft sale. We had snowman thank you notes so even the littlest kids could write thank yous, post-it note pads, kids note cards, fancy tags to go on presents, paper ornaments, embossed and rub-on decorated gold ornaments, and 24 simple note tags in a cute little treat box to sell. It was so much fun! We had a lot of customers and earned $33.75! I spent $26 to buy a one verse for the Meetto Bible Translation. I have $7.75 left and I know what I'm going to spend $5 on.

At the craft sale there was a booth called Crafts by Alissa. She had hand knit scarves for stuffed animals and people, some jewelry, and bags made out of recycled Capri Sun juice boxes. I bought the lunch box made of recycled juice boxes, but the sewing at the top of the bag was ripped, so Alissa' going to repair it and bring it to Home school skate day, because both of us are going to be there. I'm going to take the money and pay her there. I'm going to put the $2.75 in my money jar. Well, I'm running out of things to say, and I need to vacume the family room carpet, so bye.

P.S. Like the picture I put up? It's my first picture on my blog. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Charis, I laughed when I read we "forgot" about the craft sale, because I certainly did not forget! Mommy was busy with stamp club and a workshop in the days leading up to the sale--I planned for Tuesday to be our creative day. :-)

    Also, I like that you used a smiley face in your P.S.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charis,
    I love your blog, this is the first time I've visited. Your crafts are great and congratulations on selling so much!

    I enjoyed reading your other posts as well.

    Glad you enjoyed the Oz show, any more coming up?

    Aunt Ski

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you "remembered" your craft sale in time to make such a great selection of items for your table. It sounds like the sale was a perfect opportunity for you and Mommy to create a memory together. I REALLY like the picture you posted :o) I love you!

    ReplyDelete