For my school work a had to write a story about The Thing. Here's what I came up with:
It was late at night. Everyone was asleep, when, suddenly:
“AAHHH!” The screams of my brothers filled the air.
“What is it?” Tobin could barely get the words out.
“Make it go away!” Arden said frantically.
They were staring at the closet. Somehow the door had mysteriously opened, and a figure was emerging from the shadows. Slime dripped from its mouth. It was an ugly green color, and its yellow eyes stared at them menacingly. It smelled awful. Long green feet poked out from beneath its huge body, and it began to move toward them.
“Rroww,” it growled.
“Attack of the slime monster! Hide!” Tobin yelled. All of a sudden, Arden grabbed his pillow and began to whack it. The monster fell on the ground, and Arden continued to whack it.
“Ow, ow, stop it, that hurts!” A voice came from inside the monster. The brothers looked at each other. Tobin climbed down from his bunk to get a closer look. Arden reached toward the monster and pulled at its head. The head came off, revealing . . .
“Charis!” The boys gasped.
“Surprise!” I said loudly.
“Where did you get that costume?” Tobin asked.
“From a friend.” I answered. “Um, Tobin, why are you in your underwear?”
“Um, I’m out of pajamas,” he answered. He scurried up the ladder as fast as he could. We all got back in bed, and the night went on with no more events.
The next night, a figure emerged from the closet.
“Oh, go away,” Tobin said, rolling his eyes.
“We know it’s you, Charis,” Arden said, annoyed. The creature moved toward them.
“Um, Arden? Maybe it’s not Charis. . .”
“I’ll g-go see,” he replied uncertainly. He went to my room. I was sound asleep in bed. “Tobin, uh Charis is asleep in her bed.
“If it’s not Charis, then. . . what is it?” They turned toward the monster.
“AAAHHHHHHHHHH!”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment