Saturday, January 30, 2010

Report for School

Day before yesterday I had to "Find the facts" for my language arts assignment. I had to pick a story from "Little House on Rocky Ridge," "Socks," or the Bible and answer these questions: What happened, Who was involved, Why did this happen, How did it occur, Where did it happen, When did it happen, and What was the result. I choose a story from the Bible about Jesus feeding over 5,000 people.

Here are the answers to the questions I asked: What happened? Jesus fed over 5,000 with 5 loaves and 2 fish. Who was involved? Jesus, his disciples, the boy who gave his lunch, and over 5,000 people. Why did this happen? The people had come a long way to hear Jesus, and they were very hungry. How did it occur? The disciples started passing out the fish and bread, and there was enough to go around. Where did it happen? On a hill next to the sea of Galilee. When did it happen? During Jesus' time on earth. What was the result? The people ate and were satisfied, and there were 12 baskets left over!

After I had "Found the facts" I was supposed to write a newspaper article. So I did. But I wasn't finished. I had more to do. Yesterday for language arts I had to do a "TV report." I practiced saying it, and then Mom video-taped me. I made a toy microphone to use also. I put the video on my blog so you (meaning my blog readers) could watch it.

1 comment:

  1. What an excellent job of reporting you did! I liked your emphasis near the beginning on the word "miracle." I've always wondered how many people there were altogether, counting women and children. It's very interesting that women and children weren't counted, but it was a child who gave his lunch to the Lord!

    Your video reminds me of something your Dad did when he was about your age. On the Christian radio station we listened to, there was a preacher named Lester B. Green; he was so passionate about his message that he often preached VERY LOUDLY. One day I heard your Dad yelling in his room. When I went to investigate, he was holding a mic he had fashioned from something while he yelled a sermon. When he saw me standing in his doorway, he said, "I'm Screamin' B. Green," and he went right on with his loud sermon!

    I really like reading your blog. :o)
    Love, Grandma J

    ReplyDelete