Wednesday, November 18, 2009

First Blog Post

I love crafts. I have already made a music stand to hold my songs. I made up a song called Lord You Are My Rock. I've many songs, and I chose some of my favorites and put parts of them together into one big song.

Anyway, back to crafts. I'm decorating ornaments. Mommy got them at some kind of store. 48 for 5 dollars. You can tell they are cheap. They are full of scratches, but when you put rub-ons on them they don't look so bad. Mommy also taught me how to emboss, so the ornaments are also filled with little red snowflakes. By the time you read this I will probably have finished decorating them! I also made little turkeys by tracing my hands on brown construction paper, and adding little details. I got a head start on Christmas presents. I made some things out of clay too, and Mommy helped me bake them. Also, I made little cereal box sandals. Two pairs, but unfortunately the second pair was too big for me. Oh well. I'll grow into them.

I'm doing well on my piano lessons. Mrs. Davenport asked Mommy if she'd been helping me with my songs. Mommy said no, and Mrs. Davenport said wow! some of the songs I've learned are: Son of My Soul, O Worship the King, Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee, Now Thank We All Our God, This Is My Father's World, and Angels We Have Heard on High. I also made up a song on the piano called My Family. The only song not listed that I have learned is Silent Night. I think that's my favorite.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to future posts! You are off to a very good start ... especially as regards Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweety! This is Grandma K. writing to tell you how much we enjoyed having you and your family visit us during Thanksgiving week! What fun!! I really miss you all since you left...the house seems so empty and lonely! I loved reading your stories on your blog, and I also loved our fun time together while you were here. The heart pillow that we made together was really pretty, and I loved the colors of fabric you chose to make it. We will do some more projects when Grandpa and I come to visit you just after Christmas, O.K.? Take care and I hope everyone is feeling better from the flu or whatever it was. I Love you, Grandma K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the wallpaper and border you chose for your blog. I enjoyed reading about your crafts and your piano songs; of all the songs you know, my favorite is Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee. You are off to a SUPER SWEET on your blog. I love you lots.

    ReplyDelete